Velocity Marching Shoe - Women's
The dancing shoe
Low-profile and slimmer fit on the foot
Also available in smaller sizes for younger marching athletes.
The Velocity brags a low, more attractive profile, hugging the foot and appearing to represent the shape of a jazz shoe more than a marching shoe. The tread pattern is more inset than other shoes, and the rounded front and back of the sole allow for a smoother transition between the heel and toe. The sides of the shoe are lower to the ground and the toe box includes additional padding. This sleek architecture allows the marcher to manipulate their feet more freely than in the MTX or Viper. The shoe is lightweight, but while the Velocity is constructed to feel and appear as invisible as possible, it is capable of functioning on grass, turf, and parade streets with no notice by the wearer.
- Sleeker foot shape, reducing "boxiness" (more attractive on the foot)
- Thinner soles that will still take on parades, and still be glued AND sewn to the Napa upper for strength and durability
- Articulated sole with different "attack" and "release" surfaces for forward platform and heel
- Tread (new) inset from slim edge, hidden from view, but functional; with water expulsion, outside turn grip, flex-points on stress areas (balls of feet), front of toes overage, flattened heel with wide “release” point for stability
- Slimmer, more efficient "toe box" to give a more movement-oriented look and feel, but retain the shape of the shoe, with no encroachment on the top of the toes, and no restrictions at the front of the foot
- Lower profile lacings placement for smoother look, and more laces to help shape shoe in each individual’s foot
- "Dance Shoe" lower sides, curved at back to accommodate raised, split Achilles support
- Stabilizing stitches on tongue to avoid it wandering when putting the shoe on, or during use